Thursday, April 8, 2010

Things I Would Like to Spend My Life On

1. I want to record an album. Just one would do, but I want some time in a real recording studio with a violinist and a drummer handy, and nobody else around unless I ask them to be.
2. I want to write a collection of short stories about my hometown. I have one finished and am halfway through another one, but I think a collection is at least seven.
3. I want to get some kind of degree in psychology/counseling and learn all about the ways in which gender affects the psyche
3.5 I'd like to then take my degree and spend a whole lot of time counseling people on the ways in which gender is affecting their psyches
4. Going to Iowa Writer's Workshop wouldn't suck. Or Breadloaf. Breadloaf would do.
5. I'd love to take a photography class and own a real cool camera
6. I want to see the Himalayas
7. I'd like to come to terms with my own mortality and learn how to meditate properly

1 comment:

  1. I would like to let you know I'm working on coming to terms with my own mortality. It is scary. Here's an interesting blog I read with tears. http://65redroses.livejournal.com/ You have to get through eulogizing her at the top of the blog, but I loved reading her words as she was struggling with cystic fibrosis, and then knew she was dying and blogged through it.

    ReplyDelete