Monday, October 4, 2010

The Twilight I Really Want to Read

I'm really mad that I thought of this because now I wish I could read this book instead of Twilight:

    Bella is the Native American
    (helloooo, minority main character in a story that isn't directly about dealing with her minority-ism (AWESOME #1)) 
     who turns into a werewolf
     (hellooo, main female character doing something badass instead of sitting around waiting to get eaten by Vampire Pattinson (AWESOME #2)) 
    when vegetarian vampire clan shows up at local high school/hospital
    (hellooooo love interest being mortal enemy (AWESOME #3 (DEAR STEPHENIE MEYER IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE YOUR HUGE $$$$ TO BUY RIGHTS TO EPIC LITERATURE QUOTES AT LEAST DO IT IN A NON-BORING WAY: I.E., DON'T RIP OFF DIALOGUE FROM WUTHERING HEIGHTS TO MAKE YOUR ROMANTIC POINTS DO IT YOURSELF WITH AN AWESOME REVAMPED* STAR-CROSSED LOVERS PLOT WE WILL GET THE ALLUSION WITHOUT YOU BEATING US OVER THE HEAD WITH IT KTHXBAI))).

Ugh, too bad I think fanfiction is pointless and vampire novels are tired already.


*Yes, I know, but it was the appropriate word choice. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to read this story! Take the vamp-werewolf thing and mix it up with some other mortal enemy relationship? ;) And it took reading the starred note at the bottom, then going back up to read the 'revamped' sentence again, before I literally lol-ed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read the starred note several times, then re-read the sentence, then read Cara's comment before I got it. Well played.

    ReplyDelete