Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Wish The Haters Were Really This Funny

I kept getting e-mail notifications on my phone today that turned out to be only advertisements for Barnes and Noble or Orbitz or NaNoWriMo, and thoughtlessly expressed a wish on twitter that I would get a real e-mail today, even if it was only a rejection letter.  At which point my friend Justin sent me this glorious beast, which is now officially my favorite rejection letter of all time:

Dear Ms. Hilary Gan,
You are hereby rejected.

We know that you really want to go to school here, but honestly you are just too damn out there. Yes, I know that we call this program "creative writing" but we expected your personal statement to be a bit more normal. Less edgy. Less... creative. We really want someone a bit more normative, who won't question our own authority and power in this program, who will be creative within the nice little padded confines that we have established here. You are not that person.

We wish you the best of luck (you'll be needing it) on all of your future (*ahem*) creative endeavors.

Thank you for your time,
The Admissions Hacks
Not-so-creative Writing Program
Big Name U

No comments:

Post a Comment